History of Pottery in Cornwall, Ontario

Artifact of the Week. Flack and Van Arsdale, Cornwall, II.

Posted by: Cornwall Community Museum | November 16, 2014
Cornwall Pottery 1864-1907
aka O.L. Ballard’s 1864-1868 (1869)
aka Flack & Van Arsdale 1868 (1869)-1907

In 1868 Ballard’s pottery was purchased by Americans David Andrew Flack and Isaac Hatfield Van Arsdale.  Located near the Cornwall Canal, at that time it was the only pottery in Ontario to be powered by water.

Read more: Artifact of the Week. Flack and Van Arsdale, Cornwall, II. | Cornwall Community Museum (wordpress.com)  
History of Pottery in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada, Flack & Van Arsdale

Artifact of the Week – Flack & Van Arsdale

Posted by: Cornwall Community Museum | March 8, 2014
Cornwall Pottery 1864-1907
aka O.L. Ballard’s 1864-1868 (1869)
aka Flack & Van Arsdale 1868 (1869)-1907

By 1870, the partners had invested $11,000 in the business and the pottery was one of only nine in Ontario to import Jersey clay. Ten men were employed year round to turn $3,000 worth of clay into $30,000 worth of merchandise.  
Scroll to Top